• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why only 31's?

the 31" is without trimming the jeep. you can run 35" tires on the re 3.5. there was a thead about that in the pics section. you will have to trim and bump stop to run the tires tho.

I have a 3'' kit and 31x10.5's with stock wheels and I had to adjust the turn stops to keep the tires off of the lca's. I think that when a manufacturer lists a maximum tire size they usually are listing the maximum that can be run with (minimal) rubbing and no cut fenders. *ya beat me to it*

not to mention they probably assume you're using stock rims with the 5.25" backspacing. I have the RE 3.5" Superride and I'm positive I could fit a 33 under there minimal trimming, its just I would need rims with less backspacing so I don't rub under turns.

reckless said:
I would like to know why I can run 30x9.50's on my stock XJ, and with a RE3.5 lift it says I can only run 31's? This makes no sence.:huh:
but you cant run those 30s disconnected without eating your fenders

I run 31x10.50s on 2" and no trimming on my dd with 4.25 backspacing and I would never dream of running it disconnected, It rubs on the flares on sharp turns as it is. It's not wheelable at all the way it is.

i have the 2'' RE BB with 31's. after trimming i still rub front and back.

Trim it! ive trimmed a good bit out of mine ZERO rubbing 31s 4 in backspaced steelies and a 2in BB i could probably sqeeze on 33s and then they may rub. Embrace the grinder and have fun with it!

Edit: and im fully disconnected all the time front and rear

Back