• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a 93 231 transfer case work in a 97

robslxtasy

NAXJA Forum User
I am converteing my 97 2wd sport to a 4wd with parts from my 93 4wd. The speedo input looks different than the one from the 2wd tranny and the electrical inputs are not the same? any one else sucessfully complete the swap?

You will have to change the wiring for the speedo and Best bet is to pull everything out of the 93 and compare it to the 97 to start off with.

..Well last night i got the harness from the 97 to work on the 93 tranny and transfer case, the only thing I amunsure of is a 2 pin sensor that goes directly above the transfer case shifter linkage on the tc..Appears to be a sensor to show if the tc is in 4wheel or not. Also took the 97 speedo sensor with speedo gear from the 97 and stuck it in the 93. The 97 had 35 teeth and the 93 had 35.. Well see if this thing works..

The 93 and 97's have different tail cones. The 93 utilizes an internal slip yoke that seals around the yoke on the drive shaft. This means you pull the shaft, and all the fluid leaks out of the t-case. The 97 uses an external slip yoke, where the output shaft sticks out of the tail cone, and the seal rides on this shaft. This means you can pull the driveshaft, and nothing will happen.

Back