• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could this be done?

tjr-b4.jpg

obviously the jeep can be lifted and such, but my question is, Could you chop off the rear section of a 4 door jeep and fabricate it to be like the one in the picture and if so would it still be consider street legal? also what would some pros and cons be of doing this? thanks

LOL, not to be a smart a$$, but you are looking at it, so yes it can be done.. LOL and you need to consider a lot about stuctural integrity onc eyou start chopping the "cage" if you would of the jeep.. it takes some good metal fab work, and a lot of creativity.. LOL hope you got a degree in BONDO.. LOL there is a lot of them done out there though... some are done right and some are done wrong.. and as far as street legal, I see no reason it would not be, other than replacing the 3rd brake light...

lol the only reason i had to ask was that most of the ones i seen chopped off were pretty much just for off-road usage whereas my jeep is my daily driver and i'm starting work soon so i'll be making some massive modifications to it, and as far as the fabrication goes i have a fabrication certificate along side 11 welding tickets and took a 24 week course on automotive bodywork/paint, lol not bad for a 19 year old although going to school for welding in the morning and fabrication at night isnt an easy task lol

Very cool, LOL if you are a fab and welder, with some body work experience, LOL why are you asking us, you need to get cutting that old XJ of yours up, and show us some pics of the project..

Tons of daily driven XJ have chopped back halfs. Search. People use MJ cabs, and 97-01 XJ hatches to enclose the back.
3rd brake lights came out in 93.

Back