• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to the northwest

rsprman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys and gals. I just moved here from Hawaii. I look forward to getting some time on the trails. I drive a 99 tan xj. I do have one question, does anyone know of somebody who can build cages? I need an interior one.
Thanks,
Robbie

I cant say I understand leaving Hawaii for here, but welcome to the NW all the same:D . Check out the sticky for the noobfest next weekend at Tahuya state forest. Its right in your neigborhood and will be a good chance to meet some people and get in some NW trail time.
Ryan

Howzit Bruddah, What Island you from? Me I stay from Kauai. I live in Beaverton Or. Wea you stay? I get one friend who can build you one cage. He built a bad a$$ Monster truck.
Check me out sum time.
Alojahs

Welcome to the bigger island. :D

I am putting on a Noobrun at Tahuya State Forest this weekend, which gives some good seat time to those with stock rigs or ones that want to improve thier wheeling skills.

Either way, hope to see you on the trails! Also, check out the thread for this areas Meet & Greet.

Happy trails!

Welcome!!

It will be great to see you on the trail. We always have trail rides of some sort in the works.
Wheeling out here will be VERY different than the Islands:)

If you want a custom cage (unlike the stuff you can buy on line) and are willing to pay for the best. The company you want to talk to around here is Cascade Autosports. http://www.cascadeautosport.com/ . They build and support Rally cars and other race cars.

Michael

Feva said:
Howzit Bruddah, What Island you from? Me I stay from Kauai. I live in Beaverton Or. Wea you stay? I get one friend who can build you one cage. He built a bad a$$ Monster truck.
Check me out sum time.
Alojahs
Thank you for that um...interesting contribution. Mad Maxx is that you? Please don't drink and post.

cool, i just got outta the marines two months ago, and moved up here with EAS money(dity move). It's awesome up here. i was stationed at miramar for 3 years, where I got into the sport. Hope to go wheelin with ya.

Consider buying a weld-in kit? They cut everything and you weld it in. Pretty good idea I think. That way there's no reinventing the wheel involved.

Also you at the Bremerton shipyard or Bangor?

Bangor, and yeah, I thought about a weld in kit. But that just means I have to order it and get somebody to weld it in. If somebody locally does it, I could kill two birds with one stone. Plus, I could just drop it off when I go out to sea.

Back