• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-Lok and 37"s?

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have a spool in the rear of my jeep now because it was supposed to be trail only but plans have changed. The spool has been eating my tires lately since I have been driving it on the road so its coming out.

I don't reall want to deal with the tires barking anymore...even if its sometimes so a locker is also out.

I'm either going open or LSD but I'm thinking a LSD won't fair well with 37"s anyway. I know they work ok with stock size tires but 37"s put a lot more force on the internals than some 28"s would.

Anyone ever run a big tire with an LSD?

I may just end up going open for now and swapping in a aussie later when the jeep sees less street

Either way I'm just looking for other peoples opinion...Thanks in advance

Why not get a Locker? I know you said you don't like to hear the tires barking even if its sometimes but it will never be as good offroad with a LSD rear as it would be if it was spooled or locked. Have you checked in to the powertrax?

dude go locker.

it isnt that bad

i run a detroit and i only notice it when making sharp slow turns and giving it gas.

arb? ox?

I figured that was the case. Just throwing it out there :)

Aussie? Cant beat the price on those, I have them front and rear and love them.

Going open for now

but I'm going to be swapping an aussie in eventually that will match the front. From what I hear its easy to swap a locker into a carrier once it has been setup...no need to setup gears.

Thanks for the input!

Back