• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird popping noise sounds like my front end...

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i noticed this only twice recently, once when i was backing up while wheeling and once trying to drive on to a curb with my front tire in reverse... at any rate, i was turned almost all the way to the right both times, and when i backed up, it made a popping noise and sounded very similar in sound to flicking the bottom of a coffee can only not as much reverberation... it drives fine otherwise, im just curious if anyone knew what the problem was. and i have not tried it turning the steering wheel all the way to the left yet, i found out what caused the problem and am avoiding it until i can pinpoint what it is.

i have a 2000 4.0 with an aw4 and LP30 up front, im still riding stock height with 235/75/15 bfg MT KM1's

mine was doing this very recently and it turns out its the trac bar. really bummed as i have just finished regearing. ball joints are another common possibility, its easy to tell if they are bad as usually a knuckle will be at a diffrent height than the other side.

mine was doing this very recently and it turns out its the trac bar. really bummed as i have just finished regearing. ball joints are another common possibility, its easy to tell if they are bad as usually a knuckle will be at a diffrent height than the other side.

it does seem like my tire's gotta negative camber... not sure if its both or just one... but i havent gotten a level out to check them either so it could be a illusion or something =/

Back