• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Electric Fan Option

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
First off, let me preface this by saying that I'm not totally happy with my mounting options for a 3.8 Taurus fan.

While talking to a friend, he reminded me that 92 through 94 Ford Tempo's with the 3.0 V6 had a 2 speed fan also. Right now I am trying to work out the size and CFM of the fan.

Hopefully, there may be another option for a reliable 2 speed fan.

The Chrysler Cirrus has a dual 2-speed fan, both 13" tall. I picked one up from the junkyard. haven't messed around with it yet. I think i'm going to cut it in half and just use one fan with my aux. electric fan.

Have u done something with this yet??
I just got today a spal fan controller and know I'm looking for fan options being the first one on the list another stock aux unit.

Thanks.-

XJ-PRO
2001 bone stock XJ limited with rear disc brakes and working parking brakes

Please let us now.-
The Chrysler Cirrus has a dual 2-speed fan, both 13" tall. I picked one up from the junkyard. haven't messed around with it yet. I think i'm going to cut it in half and just use one fan with my aux. electric fan.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that I can't go into a store and buy a high enough relay to run this fan, which is why I haven't installed it yet.

If you have an auto electric store around your area, you can get a ford starting solenoid and that will work until you order an actual relay. The problem with the solenoid is that its not for continious duty. It gets hot and then stops working. A continious duty relay will fix that right up...

In all honesty i rarely use the high amp side anyway. Low works super well.

I'm assuming I wouldn't use the high side much either, I don't strain the Jeep much. What relay could I get from a store around that would work for the low side, and could I just wire it up for the low side only for now? I'd do that if I could.

I'm assuming I wouldn't use the high side much either, I don't strain the Jeep much. What relay could I get from a store around that would work for the low side, and could I just wire it up for the low side only for now? I'd do that if I could.

You dont have to wire in the high side if you dont want to, however it does make it much easier to do so during the install.

Any 40 amp relay will do for the low side.

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTaurusFanInstall1.htm

NAPA makes a continuous duty solenoid that will work fine, i believe the part number is ST80, but i would have to check the parts catalog at work. it is designed to run the motors on hydraulic lift gates.

i'll post the specs tomorrow when im at work.

its an ST85, its continuous duty and will handle a constant 80 amp load.

they are expensive tho, around 60$.

Hey guys check this out. Someone makes a relay setup for this. You don't have to buy temp switches from them, you can get them at Napa or any other parts store if you have the patience to look through the parts catalog.

I ordered one w/ the 180 switch, and I will probably install a higher temp switch along w/ a manual switch, and a shutoff switch for any water crossings...

I will still leave the factory aux fan installed also.

http://www.hollisterroad.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MarkVIII

Back