• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft/pinion angle

1 GREEN XJ

NAXJA Forum User
93 cherokee,I'm running 4.5 RE lift,1" lowering blocks for TS,stock driveline....with the stock drivline can you run 4* shims and raise the pinion angle?Or should the pinion angle and the Tcase be even(parallel) with each other.
Any and all answers would be helpful,Thanks

93 cherokee,I'm running 4.5 RE lift,1" lowering blocks for TS,stock driveline....with the stock drivline can you run 4* shims and raise the pinion angle?Or should the pinion angle and the Tcase be even(parallel) with each other.
Any and all answers would be helpful,Thanks

With no 'fixed output yoke', ie: stock driveline, the ujoints should be parallel to each other. At 4.5" lift you are really toward the end of that threshold. 1" t-case drop might help a little with it, though. Each vehicle is different, but that's the general idea.

When you do a fixed yoke with cardan shaft, that's when you want the pinion pointed toward the t-case. The double-jointed cardan allows for the high angle by splitting the difference between two ujoints. The center ujoint and the pinion ujoint will then be parallel to each other.

Im sure my specs are a tad different on my rig, But im running 5" front and rear, No tcase drop, no sye. with the rear shimmed.
my pinion angle is close enough to where it should be. I dont have any vibes untill about 80mph, and at those speeds i expect a reduced ride quality anyway.

I would think if your having any problems, try a 1" drop like previously mentioned. that *should* fix your problem.

Im sure my specs are a tad different on my rig, But im running 5" front and rear, No tcase drop, no sye. with the rear shimmed.
my pinion angle is close enough to where it should be. I dont have any vibes untill about 80mph, and at those speeds i expect a reduced ride quality anyway.

I would think if your having any problems, try a 1" drop like previously mentioned. that *should* fix your problem.

Are you sure of that lift height? You rig didn't look that lifthed when we were wheeling a few weeks back.

Are you sure of that lift height? You rig didn't look that lifthed when we were wheeling a few weeks back.
in the last month. i have gone from -1" on 31"s to +3" on 31"s and now 5" on 31"s

One of these days i'll leave the suspension alone and ditch the damn 31"s :smoker:
3" coil 2" spacer. 5" bastard pack.
DSC_9041.jpg

They don't know what they are talking about ha ha ha
I have 6inchs of lift
With a stock drive line
No vibs no binding
I have and auto with a 231 no Sye

I was at 7 inch last week but it was a little stiff but that's all fixed now!

Ha ha and you guys that say I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm crazy
Your more then welcome to come see it
Every day out in front of Baxter auto parts

Its do-able and its not hard
O and my yoke is pulled out as far as a stock one is !!!!!

They don't know what they are talking about ha ha ha
I have 6inchs of lift
With a stock drive line
No vibs no binding
I have and auto with a 231 no Sye

I was at 7 inch last week but it was a little stiff but that's all fixed now!

Ha ha and you guys that say I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm crazy
Your more then welcome to come see it
Every day out in front of Baxter auto parts

Its do-able and its not hard
O and my yoke is pulled out as far as a stock one is !!!!!

Someone in red plz nominate this turd for me? Thanks. :)

I was not saying nobody needs one, everyones setup is different, I would like to do the RE HnT but its money i can spend elsewhere, like.. towerd tires... haha

:wave1:5" 1" tc drop no sye no shims and no vibes. Not sure what it feels like at 80 mph but for "Normal" highway speeds feels just fine.

Im at 6in, stock drivetrain and I cant even get the DS in (binds up). Going to put a 1in tc drop in and see if that fixes it. Might have to get some shims too.

in the last month. i have gone from -1" on 31"s to +3" on 31"s and now 5" on 31"s

One of these days i'll leave the suspension alone and ditch the damn 31"s :smoker:
3" coil 2" spacer. 5" bastard pack.
DSC_9041.jpg

Dude...there's no way that's 5" of lift. That's about where my 31's sat with a BS pack that was maybe 4".

~Scott

Dude...there's no way that's 5" of lift. That's about where my 31's sat with a BS pack that was maybe 4".

~Scott
Okay.. well i know off of measurements that its 5" up front. and atleast 5" in the rear.

my pastard pack consists of a 3" aal and a xj leaf. I actually gained 7"+ from the stock saggy setup.

Okay.. well i know off of measurements that its 5" up front. and atleast 5" in the rear.

my pastard pack consists of a 3" aal and a xj leaf. I actually gained 7"+ from the stock saggy setup.

Did you calculate in the fact you have bigger tires then stock? :wierd:

~Scott

i was on 31"s the day i got it. tire size has not changed. in pictures it may not look it, but its 5". I feel confident if i wanted to i could easily fit 35"s. but im going to stay with 33"s due to axles..

Back