• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hooking ARB & A/C pump compressors together.

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a ARB compressor runing my air-locker and a air hose to fill up my tires. Filling up 35's is incredibly slow with the ARB compressor. I am in the process of converting my A/C comp. to a air comp. and am thinking of tieing the output hose from the A/C comp. to the output side or my ARB compressor. Any reason why this wouldn't work? Here is how I am going to have everything hooked up.

Inlet of A/C compressor: airfilter - oiler - compressor.
Outlet of A/C compressor: compressor outlet - oil seperator - ARB 70/100PSI pressure switch - Pressure relief valve - check valve - outlet hose tied into ARB air hose.

I don't see why it wouldn't work but some people seem to think it won't. I will only have both compressors turned on when filling up tires. If
I am only operating my air-locker then I will only have my ARB compressor on. Each compressor will has its own pressure switch and their own off/on switch. What do you think?

It would work but I think it would be better to get a small tank and just use the A/C compressor, you won't need the ARB that way and you will save a little weight and you could sell the ARB to pay for the cost of the rest.

Yeah I know what you are saying. Having a backup compressor in case one fails and the added air from two compressors would be nice though. I don't really want to mount a tank inside my Jeep, already have enough tools and things in the back.

Well I just hooked up the A/C compressor and wow I am amazed! I think I might just get rid of the ARB compressor, it so so much slower and I don't think it is worth it. I can air up one 35 inch tire from 5 PSI to 16 PSI in one minute while the engine is idleing. If I rev the engine up it will air up the tire quite a bit faster than that.

Well I just hooked up the A/C compressor and wow I am amazed! I think I might just get rid of the ARB compressor, it so so much slower and I don't think it is worth it. I can air up one 35 inch tire from 5 PSI to 16 PSI in one minute while the engine is idleing. If I rev the engine up it will air up the tire quite a bit faster than that.
Yeah, I can't wait to get my York in and running.

OBA is a beautiful thing. :cool:

You should come out to TSF with us this weekend.

Back