• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Electric Cooling Fan

You could use any efan from any car or truck or jeep. Positive and negative is what makes it run.

Just make sure that the fan doesn't draw too many amps for your circuit, or buy a relay and run the fan direct from the battery.

I need one for my 2000 XJ, can I use any electric fan from any year Cherokee?

All XJ e-fans are direct fit, ie;.. no modification required. The later years however move more air.

I think the plugs differ between years. I'm pretty sure the PO of my Jeep installed a fan from an older model, because the fan wires are spliced.

So you may want to keep your old fan plug handy.

Bought a new cooling fan, connectors were different. Straight wired. Black wire on black wire, blue wire on white wire. Is it possible that the fan runs backwards? Why? Temp will get over 210, electric fan comes on, the heat doesn't go down, stays at 220-230. In the past, the old electric fan before her demise, when the old fan kicked on at 210 degrees, the eleectric fan ran one-two minutes and the emp was back down to 180-190.

I'm not sure what year the "new" fan is from, the old fan (O.E.) is off my 2000 XJ.

Like dagr said, maybe it's an older fan and doesn't move the air the same.

I live in SC and it's HOT down here from April through some of November. Any tips to keep it cool?

Like dagr said, maybe it's an older fan and doesn't move the air the same.

IMG00112_20090508_1526_800x600.sized.jpg

On the left is the pre 97 aux fan, and on the right is the 97+ fan. The plugs are different. There also is only 2 wires. Black & Green or Green & Blue, IIRC.

My wires are different colors (maybe they are dirty?), doesn't matter. Is it possible to cross the wires and the fan run backwards?

On your pictures Dagr, the fan on the left was on my 2000 cherokee, the fan on the right is the one I bought and put in. The fan on the right is also on my 90 Comanche that NEVER runs over 210.

Back