• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy 44 front axle mesurements?

Must not know. :)

What are you doing?

Well, I'm picking up a HP44 front from a 79 Bronco with 4.10s, a LSD, and locking hubs, complete from tire to tire, for $100. I'm getting it for 2 reasons a) it's cheep, and I plan to reuse the locking hubs on the front(one less thing I have to buy myself), and the LSD in my rear 44 for the time being till I can afford to get an ARB. 2) I know it has the cast in radius arm wedge thing, but I've had a hell of a time trying to find one with out them at the local Pick-a-Part/Pull-a-Part.

So I'm going to have it re-tubed, and made into a Waggy width, but I need to find out some measurements to give the shop so I can get a price quote. Goal is to keep the I.D. so I can use Superior/Alloy USA axle seals, but still be able to use a little thicker tubing. I also want to replace the stock inner "C"s with Solid Axle 44 inners, but they say they are "Precision machined to accept 3 1/8" tube" and am trying to find out how close to stock that is.

Trying to get tube length for a Waggy axle with a WMS to WMS width of 61.5’’.

Mine is 61.5" Waggy width with off the shelf Warn chromo axles. When I cut mine down I looked up the axles lengths on Warn's online catalog, took the difference between the full width inner axle length and the Waggy inner axle length, and that's how much I shortened the tubes. Was pretty simple. I certainly wouldn't pay someone to shorten a housing based on someone giving me a measurement on an internet forum. For not more than getting a quote, you're only shortening it a couple inches per side. They most likely want to know the exact cost/length of the DOM tube they'll use.

For some reason I missed your reply about the HP44. I thought you wanted to know the length of exposed tube in order to mount some brackets. I would do what Goatman said to do. Measure the tubes on your axle, look up the difference in shaft length, shorten by that difference. I can still get the measurements, but I wouldn't trust them for what you're trying to do.

Damn, you're going to make me get off my ass and grab a tape and go measure it. :D

Be right back.

OK, this is from the edge of the center section to the inside of the C, so it's the length of the tube that is showing. Short side is 6.25" and long side is 22.5". Mine is based on 61.5" width '80 up Waggy axles.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!
beer.gif

Don't know if you still need these.
The measurements were taken inside the tube, so they should be close to the total length of tube.
Passenger 26-9/16"
Driver 10-5/16"

Back