• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, found a sticker for a locker, can you identify it ?

jonathanc

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone identify this diff locker sticker ?

3481476890_0fc0bf9763_b.jpg

Found this in my glove compartment. I have a Jeep XJ Cherokee with a chrysler 8.25 rear in it.
I've never noticed if the rear diff locks or not, but it certainly seems like it doesnt. also, the underside of this vehicle would have me assume that it has been a driveway queen all it's life.
Strange

It's probably a factory limited slip.

~Scott

Doesn't have skid plates, and I don't believe posi was an available option in Canadian Xj's.

The sticker looks like an aftermarket sticker, but I am probably wrong. Does anyone else have the same sticker ?

Doesn't have skid plates, and I don't believe posi was an available option in Canadian Xj's.

The sticker looks like an aftermarket sticker, but I am probably wrong. Does anyone else have the same sticker ?

I have the same sticker you have a trak-lok in it. Apparently it is an option in Canadia! :D

Not sure but I am assuming Yes. They are both Limited Slip units. Have you recently changed the fluid in the diff? It requires a friction modifier along with the fluid in order for the LSD to work otherwise it'll just act like an open diff. I use Lucas gear oil in mine and it says it does not require friction modifier. It worked better before i changed the fluid so i will use friction modifier here in a couple months when i change the fluid again.

I will swap fluids this weekend. I don't know what is in right now. This is a shame because I really wanted to run Aussie lockers front and rear. I guess I will just run one on the front and install a rear one once I regear for larger tires.

I will swap fluids this weekend. I don't know what is in right now. This is a shame because I really wanted to run Aussie lockers front and rear. I guess I will just run one on the front and install a rear one once I regear for larger tires.

You'll need a new carrier to run one in the rear so to save money i'd just go with a front as well. I want to run a selectable but i hear many good things about the Aussie lockers!

Back