• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB + antenna mount

99_XJ_

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering where i could get a mount for a CB antenna that goes on between the car body and the rear hatch for my XJ. Thinking on getting a CB radio for it for what ever reason. or another good place to put the antenna. I dont want a magnetic antenna

Where did you guys mount it inside the car? I want to mount it under the drivers side dash. Is that possible? Or some other inconspicuous area.

I went directly into the body about 3 inches in front of the tail light on ether side. you can buy the kit from radio shack and all you have to do in get an extension to make it to your CB. i love it. P.S. DON'T PAINT THE ANTENNA'S get them re-doen in black shrink wrap. pant will screw up you signal transmission and receiving.

Where did you guys mount it inside the car? I want to mount it under the drivers side dash. Is that possible? Or some other inconspicuous area.

not inconspicuous but it looks killer!

cbmount.jpg

not inconspicuous but it looks killer!

cbmount.jpg

That's where I have mine. My cb is mounted as close to the windsheld as possable with out touching it, much cleaner look.

I've seen them mounted under the driver side but it would have driven me nuts under there so mine is mounted on the pass. side of the console.

passenger side of the console worked best for me. However I have considered placing it in the dash where the center vent is or where the radio is.

you can buy one for like $40 or make one from scrap like mine i just made a cardboard template and cut it out, bent it up, little weld, and mounted it up

pics
P1010034.jpg

P1010033.jpg

then i mounted it behind the center councle

P1010041.jpg

mine is hanging from the roof between the sunvisors above the rearview mirror. I love it up there except the mic likes to bounce out of the holder on the trail so I added a second mic holder to the passenger side of the console to hold while on the trail

If you're just driving around town mounting the antenna there is fine, but if you are ever going to do any serious wheeling you're going to hit it on something (probably a tree). I hit mine, twisted the hatch and broke my tail light. I would suggest mounting it on the rear bumper, just make sure that the hatch can open past it. Just a suggestion.

Back