• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grand axle ?

buster cherry

NAXJA Forum User
i did searching but was unable to figure it out. the junkyard has a 94 grand with an 8.25 rear axle and discs. did they come with 8.25's (direct swap to my 91 8.25) thanks buster

i dont think they came with 8.25 but not positive and they have coils not leafs so it will not bolt in it might be a dana 44 but they have an aluminum center section prone to breaking

Not a direct swap.

i dont recall ever seeing a zj with an 8.25. if it did in fact have an 8.25 then it MAY be a direct swap like the KJ 8.25. even if you can get the disk set up off a D44A or D35 from a ZJ they swap in rediculously easy. its one of those mods that when your done you say 'dang that was easy. why didnt i do it sooner (insert kicking yourself).' i did them on my 8.25 and also helped another guy do his when he bought a set up from me. too easy.

some sources say that the ZJ came with the 8.25, but from what everyone else said i have never seen one either.

X2 on the disc swap though

ZJ's either came with the D35, or the D44A. I've never seen a ZJ with an 8.25.

thanks all. i am really just interested in swapping the brakes. i had just never had heard of that axle in a grand

Back