• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire/lift question

higherelevation

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Cherokee with 3.5" springs up front with stock LCA. I used a block in the rear. I would like to fit 32's without trimming. Anyone know if I can fit 32's without trimming? Also I have rims with 3.75 backspacing. Will they rub on the LCA?

Thanks in advanced.

but, because i was there once... ill try to answer your question. with 3.5" springs up front you should be able to fit 32's without trimming. May want to remove your front flares when wheeling though because they will more than likely rub.

As for the rear, all you said is "i used a block in the rear". I'm guessing you used a 3.5 to 4" block in the rear? your rears you should be fine to. just pull the flares before wheeling.

i have 3.5 on mine right now and i can fit 33's with all my flares still on.

You will rub on the lca's most likely. Just adjust the steering stops on the knuckles to prevent damage. You will do some fender rubbing at full flex. Don't be a mark, ditch the blocks.

blocks are fine. as long as you stay under 2". alot of guys here in Colorado wheel them and have no problems. I'm about to put 1.5" blocks on mine, mainly because im trying to beat my rear leaves to shit so i have a reason to replace them. =)

I am using 4" of backspace, OEM 15" wheels with 30X9.5 tires. It do not rub on the LCA's. You should however extend your bump stops if you do more than Mall Crawling to keep the tires out of the fender flairs.

Oh! It have been said here many times that blocks in the rear could weaken the leafs over time. Maybe you should look into replacing them with some sort of lift springs.

Just trim. What's the big deal?

You'd be surprised how much trimming you can do and not even be noticeable. Also, you're going to rub, it's unavoidable. The issue is how much you'll rub, and is it too much. And I'm going to disagree with some of the previous posts. If you don't want to rub excessively with minimum trimming, then 3.75" BS isn't enough, 4.5" is about perfect. If you rub on the lower control arm, it's not a big deal as long as it's not excessive, I would not adjust the steering stops to limit the turning to keep it from rubbing. You'll loose turning radius which effects trail performance and you'll add stress to the drag link which has a tendancy to bend in the threads at the adjustment collar. If you want to minimize rubbing on the inside of the tire, then go with the 3.75" BS but be ready to trim a little more on the outside.

Blocks are not fine up to 2". A 2" block will severely shorten the life of the springs and contribute to increased spring wrap, if you don't have a traction bar. You can't just say others are doing it because you can't see how their rig performs or how long their springs are lasting. Any block will add leverage which will effect spring life and performance, but minimum blocks of around 1" won't be bad.

You need to pound down the pinch seams at the bottom of your wheel wells, and you need to trim some on the bottom edges of your fender flares. Neither of these will be noticeable to anyone looking at the rig. You don't need to raise the fender flares or remove them. Try it, and adjust, that's all you can do.........trim a little and add a little to the bumpstops.

Appreciate the help. To answer the block in the rear talk. The blocks are temporary. I am going to build BP leafs. I used the blocks to get the lift until I build the leafs. Thanks

Back