• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bronco to an xj

fullthrottleNC

NAXJA Forum User
well i bought a brand new rusted to hell 79 bronco i need alot of help not sure weather to put the 351/400 in it or not and what all im getting into, im told i got the best truck for the job and that the new super swanpers on it were worth my money, so any body got any tips or help please send it my way [email protected] thanks all will take lots of pic and figure out how to get them all on here

guess it depends what your running now, but the axles would be nice additions to many rigs.
D44 front, Ford 9" rear I believe.
as for the engine swap, plenty of threads on here about swapping engines, check out the search function, and the 'how-too' search and you'll have no problem finding everything you need.

You will have to run an adapted radius arm those fronts are cast. The engine will fit with work. I have been looking into a 302 swap for years. Just never had the time or money to do it. GL.

What exactly are you doing a little punctuation every now and then goes a long way did you buy the bronco to swap axles and parts over to an XJ or what are you contemplating putting the engine/tranny in the an XJ im sure there are folks on here that can help you but it would be easier if we knew what you are trying to accomplish...

See how easy it is:

What exactly are you doing? A little punctuation every now and then goes a long way.

Did you buy the bronco to swap axles and parts over to an XJ or what?

Are you contemplating putting the engine/tranny in the an XJ?

I'm sure there are folks on here that can help you, but it would be easier if we knew what you are trying to accomplish...

Oh yeah, And welcome to NAXJA!

Don't be so picky, he has a couple commas in there. :)

But we do need to know what he wants to do.

definiatly doing the axle swap both 44 front and 9 rear has a 205 tranfer unsure if i want to do the engine swap because i know that i lose being able to drive on the road. what should i do with all the other parts? craigs list? also came with like new 35/16/15 boggers great tires but i love the rocks and being able to drive to them i know that i wont get what they are worth but i really want to put maxxis crawlers on my jeep.

also how do i log or get into south east group in fayetteville NC anyone out there local

If you are wondering how you "join" SE chapter of NAXJA. Then all you do is join NAXJA.

I'm not so sure I would mess with swapping in the 351/400. The engine alone is like a boat anker.(sp?) As someone else stated the axles are doable with radius arms. There is a guy on this forum that did it to his you'll just have to search for it

Good luck and post your progress for others

351/400 series motors are torque monsters but not good for hp or mpgs so get a bigger tank if u do that.... but from a hot rod standpoint
302=less weight, major aftermarket support, unlimited junk yard parts, great mpgs
But if you want to be really different get a 300 inline 6 from a ford and add some reinforcment to your unibody

Back