• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parking lights flash and door buzzer goes off with batt hooked up

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
hey just bought a 91 cherokee limited, 4.0 auto 242. when i hook up the battery the parking lights, (front below headlights and rear red lights) flash like turn signals, and if the door is open the buzzer buzzes at the same rate that the lights are flashing, it does not have an aftermarket alarm system that i have found, it does have factory keyless entry, i unplugged the brain for that up in the over head console and the lights still flash. any ideas?

i have no clue so far. i tried pulling a few fuses but none of the ones i pulled did anything. i pulled what i thought would be related.

I think the older XJs had something of a "security mode". When the cables are removed for X amount of time then put back onit goes into some kind of lockdown.

Or your hazard lights are on...

nah its not the hazards
so i found this thread which helped
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9413&highlight=panic+alarm

also when i hook the battery back up, it will start doing this, until i lock and unlock the drivers and passengers doors with the key, this resets the sensors telling the jeep that it is the owner i guess.

but how can i get rid of this babysitter so i can lock and unlock the doors without the power locks, which also arm and disarm the alarm

Back