• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cast d44

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
is there a kit out that can be used with the cast on d44?
maybe a kit that makes it a long arm or a full truss kit?

still need the coil buckets tho.

is there a kit out that can be used with the cast on d44?
maybe a kit that makes it a long arm or a full truss kit?

still need the coil buckets tho.
A "kit"?
There isn't going to be much in the way of a kit for those dreaded cast D44s. Most of the ones I've seen modify Ford radius arms to work with the XJ.
There are a few companies out there that offer truss setups with mounts and perches, but they'd have to be adapted to work with the cast mounts on that D44.

ive searched but havent found the answers to my questions.
how do i mod. the original 44 buckets to work?
how is the arm method done?
how is the arms mounted to the 'frame rail'?
will the drive shaft need to be mod'ed?

thought there was a built thread on this or something.

cant seem to find a welded 44 so i'm looking in to this as a back up plan.

As Bill said, only people who are going to re-use the Ford radius arms use the D44s with cast wedges. You haven't found any info on it because almost no one around here does it.

I wouldn't put much thought into it, just keep searching around for a welded one. They are out there. Its not worth the effort to put time and thinking into something that you won't use.

As Bill said, only people who are going to re-use the Ford radius arms use the D44s with cast wedges. You haven't found any info on it because almost no one around here does it.

I wouldn't put much thought into it, just keep searching around for a welded one. They are out there. Its not worth the effort to put time and thinking into something that you won't use.
Exactly.
Do some reading here at Mr. N's site.
Most of them are done by fabricating a new crossmember. I have seen some mounted to the unibody rail, but I'm not sure I like that method.
Most definitely.
I know I've seen a few on the PBB.

Edit: Here are two I just found for you.
PBB Link: Ford Radius Arm Users
PBB Link: Front Ford D44 question?
As Mark (aka Begster) mentioned, keep looking. You should be able to find one without to much issue.

What are you plans for a lug pattern? Find one of of a F250 or F350 and you won't have to worry about that at all. Just remove the leaf spring mounts.

Last edited:
what years f250-350 axles? was trying to get 5x5.5 but almost anything will work
Read Mr N's stuff I linked above to double check, but I believe 77.5-79 F250s (non-snowfighter).
They will have a 8 on 6.5" pattern

how do i mod. the original 44 buckets to work?

To answer your other question... you'll find a lot of answers in Ford/Bronco forums. There are a couple companies that sell replacement radius arms that will bolt up... I just can't remember their names at the moment. (I'll post up if it comes to me.)

That will leave you needing a crossmember, which will probably have to be custom made. I'm sure you could get a shop to do it though if you didn't wanna fab it yourself.

Billy

Last edited:
76 bronco axle. welded or cast? it has disks if that matters
if i'm right from what ive read in Mr. Ns its welded

76 bronco axle. welded or cast? it has disks if that matters
if i'm right from what ive read in Mr. Ns its welded

All the ones I have seen from 77 back have been welded.

EB's I think are LP. It is closer to xj width then Full width actually.

Back