• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column

whjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Folks I neeed help I have an 89 cherokee automatic with tilit I put a column out of an 89 manual with tilt the only difference I see is the automatic has a cable to release the shifter. My problem is now that I have hooked up the manual column I lost power to my radio, a/c, turn signals, and wipers. Any help will be greatly appreciated

probably the ignition switch had the same problem on mine check and make sure he brown wire has power it feeds all those things also the switch itself is only like 30 or 40 bucks at the parts store

all the ACC. Power comes from the two wire terminals on the top part of the column shaft (Blue and Black).

Check to make sure they are plugged in properly. I just swapped mine but the complete opposite.

I have a manual and used an automatic column. Now i need to reach up under the column to release the key due to not having the parking select cable.

so did you fix the problem with the lights and radio?

Back