• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front seats

GRIMUS99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know if the front seats in a 99 sport can be swapped side to side because my driver side seat has a nasty wear tear and if i swapped them it would be against the center console please any help would be nice also if anyone knows were to get perfect fit seat covers that would be cool as well thanks again

No they do not swap.!

if you can go with out a seat for a day or two ... make it easy and there for cheaper on a ulpostery shop by pulling the seat and have them patch that spot. Depends how badly it bothers you ... you might pull the cover off the seat and put back on yourself also to get the price cheaper. Hopefully your in a big enough town you have a auto trim and upolstery shop.

the feet and legs i think are different i have used my stock feet to swap in some recaro lxf seats. Your problem would be the recline lever being on the wrong side i think.

do you want jsut regular cloth seat covers or the wet suit style seat covers ?

Give it a try, I think somebody posted once that they pulled both seats, swapped the mounting brackets and put them back in. Yes, the tilt handle will be towards the inside.

Look at ZJ (93-98) or WJ (99-04) Grand Cherokee seats at the junkyard. The material is more durable and they are more comfortable.

Use the SEARCH function to find more info on seat swaps.

Back