• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood vent over channel

natesjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i got thes hood vent a pull a part and was wondering if anyone has run thus over the chanel and if so how did you do it.

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

I think that without filling part of the hood line putting that vent in that position would look hacked in at best. I would mount it long ways front to rear on one side of the hood, the drivers side would probably be the most beneficial.

is that a hood vent off a Dodge Lazer? i pulled one with a drip pan when i went junkyarding a couple weeks ago.

i got to looking at mine, and it can mount there without getting in the way of the hood supports. the drip pan is quite deep and may need to be trimmed a bit to clear the valve cover. i havent looked too in depth, just a casual obserbation. if i didnt have a set of Z34 vents + pans ready to go in then i would be all over putting that one in

oh yah, and you can fill the "void" with some ultra black RTV

i was thinking about putting too small vents in the front to go with it. i think it would hit the suppert if i mounted it the long wayand yes it is off a lazer.

I don't know how to actually do it, but I'm full of ideas. :)
You could probably use the existing sheet metal to make it work. Instead of cutting the hole in the same shape as the vent, you could leave tabs in the channel piece (cut less out) and use those to fill the gap. Bend them to match up with the grille/vent so it looks like the factory edges on the right/left sides of the channel then weld/fill the seams.
Don't know if that made a whole lot of sense. Thinking about trying to make it look like it was stock. Finish the edge like the rear part of the channel; the one perpendicular to the lane lines.

Back