• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 Cherokee Trouble

CherokeeCrawler88

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 cherokee aw4 sometimes when im driving down the road and hit a hard bump the jeep seems like it misses or stops for a split second and starts back going. It really bad on bumpy gravel roads. I was thinking maybe a groundi checked the main ones. Not it. Had a buddy tell me it might be the fuel filter. Let me know.

and this is modified tech how?

You have something loose and/or a wire shorting out. The hard part is finding it...

Good Luck

Nick

give me a break!!!!!!!! im just trying to get some help the modified section has people with more experience on it. The problem goes away for months and comes back out of the blue its crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeCrawler88
as far as i can tell they are all fine

How do YOU tell if they are fine or not fine?

We're trying to help, but so far you should be on the OEM section. Are you going to cry about comments or try to get your problem solved?

I mean I checked my wires for any cuts or burnt spots gave them very careful light tugs to make sure there connected last time it did this I replaced the fuel pump and it quit but I honestly have a got headache after headache trying to figure this out

For battery, starter and ground connections, what is recommended is to disconnect them, rub both connecting surfaces with scotchbrite or sandpaper, clean them with electrical contact cleaner or brake cleaner and reassemble them. A connection can look good on the outside, but be corroded where the electrical current has to pass.

give me a break!!!!!!!! im just trying to get some help the modified section has people with more experience on it. The problem goes away for months and comes back out of the blue its crazy.
The rules were made to help things run smoothly, they are not up to your interpretation.

That said, it sounds like an electrical issue. Something bouncing around and shorting. If you can't find it, you may be best off to take it to a mechanic. Electrical issues aren't something to do half way.

I'd check to see if the CPS is in good shape, and the CPS plug is secure and has no corrosion in it (pull it off and clean the leads).

Hallo again.
Maybe you have to renew the fireplug wires.
I had a problem a few years ago, every time I took a corner, the jeep was hesitating and stalling. After a long search it was a plug cable. :looney:

it says in the jeep move under the troubleshooting guide that hesitation or missing during driving speed could be caused by inpurities in the gas like when you hit a bump piece of trash maybe be clogging the fuel filter and replace immediately.

Back