• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temperature Sender

creekscout

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the temperature sender for the overhead console located in an early 90's cherokee and what would it look like? And also are there any special tools needed to remove it once I find it?

its located behind the front bumper. just under the header panel.
no special tools, just un-clicp the wire for the harness, and then pull the plastic mount out of the hole.

Ok thanks for the help locating the temp sensor, went to the u pull it today and pulled an overhead console and the sensor to install in my 92 comanche. Yes it will have to be shortened to fit, but it does not appear to be too hard. My next question is does someone have the wiring schematic to identify the wire codes[colors]? I am not sure what year the cherokee was because I could not get the hood open far enough to see the firewall, but the console is exactly like the one I had in a 91 laredo. Any info will be greatly appreciated. thank you

I don't know the colors but I have a full blown harness in my basement... with all the wires needed for the setup.. So I could probably poke my way through.
If i get some time in the next couple days, and some one doesn't beat me to it, i will see what I can come up with.

Back