• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior light wiring question

Deadman 94 xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm adding a soundbar to the jeep and wouldn't mind tying the light into the existing roof light. Can anyone tell me where the light wires extend to? I'd like to do this without ripping apart the interior.

Thanks

Mine disappear into the trim on one side at the rear- in the front, I believe it runs up the pass A pillar. I believe you could fish a couple of wires above the headliner to the forward fixture, and it should work, without getting too involved. Not sure if the earlier years are the same, but I think they are close at least.

i would try pulling the front light down and fishing a couple coat hangers or etrical fish on a reel to that front light tying into that wire and pulling the wire back to your light on the sound bar it shouldnt be all that hard

i would try pulling the front light down and fishing a couple coat hangers or etrical fish on a reel to that front light tying into that wire and pulling the wire back to your light on the sound bar it shouldnt be all that hard

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do, I have a fish tape. I just thought if somebody knew where the dome light wires went I would just splice there and run a new line.

We all know how delicate those headliners are :D

Back