• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 chain

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
i did the test to see if my clunking noise is the tcase chain is stretched and it is affirmed. so...i need to replace the chain, it's got almost 170k miles on it. is there any upgraded chain that i can buy or should i get an oem one from the stealership, checkers...junkyard? what have you guys had luck with. thanks a lot!

well dunno what the price difference is between the 231 and 242, but the stealership wanted $400 canadian for a 242.

have you had any problems with that particular brand at all? i know that everytime i try to get a good deal on a part, i end up replacing it very soon with a higher quality one. i want this to be able to hold up for some punishment. thanks

JB Conversions sells a wide chain kit with gears….....for $325
[FONT=&quot]http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/[/FONT]

Depending on how much longer you intend to keep the Cherokee? How much harder if any you intend to use it or up grade the motor. But you got 170k off the old chain. I don't see the Jeep out lasting a stock replacement. Don't spend money you will never enjoy. Get a stocker and more beer.

Back