• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problems!!

bc99xj

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i know its been awhile starting to catch up at work. ok the problem started yesterday morning. when its turning over it acts like it wants to start then dies then it takes a min of turning it over then it starts and theres no problems after that, and this morning i cleaned the air filter to make sure it wasnt clogged or anthing. well when i was starting it this morning with the hood popped open same thing but white smoke came out of the air filter and it smelled like like fuel so can you guys help me PLEASE!!!! oh yeah its a 99' 4.0L AW4

I'd check the temperature sensor. If there is any difficulty starting when cold, it is likely that the computer doesn't know that the motor needs an enrichened mixture (like a choke with a carburetor). Sometimes it is just the wire connections. Make sure it's making (good) contact with the sensor.

Back