• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front shock

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
I searched shocks and found many helpful threads, but I am looking for front shocks that us the stock style top mount and a bottom that I can use a bar pin eliminator. I dont want to buy the adapters for the top on the front, but I want to eliminate the bar pins. Thanks for any advise. I have a 3" lift, and am currently running the stock 160,000 mile shocks so i need to upgrade soon.

all you do is buy the original shocks and remove the pin and install the eliminator. its that simple.RE monotubes are good shocks.

I called them, and that is for a stock application w/o lift. The only others they had are the 5100's, which are a bit out of my price range. Thanks for the link.
So does the pin just come out? or do you have to have it pressed out?

Bilstein 5100 series

4" lift front BE5-6241-H7
4" lift rear BE5-6686-H5

2-3" front BE5-6255-H5
2-3" rear BE5-6256-H5

For shocks that have the bar-pin already pressed in, give em a squirt of oil, KY, whatever... and apply a couple whacks with a hammer. That pin will squirt out of there like a greased pig.

Back