• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant find cooling issue

FLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help. Goin down the highway my jeep creeps up to 220-225. Ive tried a thermostat, water pump, flushed cooling system and nuthin changed. So i went to the local radiator shop and got a new radiator. It was aluminium but what i thought was wierd was it was a single core. Know my jeep creeps 220f doing any speed. Help please.

Year, how equipped, what mods?

Single core radiators are OEM (except maybe for the tow package), 2- and 3-core are upgrades.

OEM stuff is fine for most daily driver applications. You really gotta know if what you're seeing on the gauge is accurate; don't assume that it is. If it's not, you may be chasing your tail.

A quick way to verify your coolant temperature is to locate an infrared point and shoot non-contact thermometer (they're everywhere now and can be purchased very inexpensively) and point it directly at the thermostat housing. Compare to what your gauge reads.

Back