• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EMERGENCY where to find cheap alloy axle, just one?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey every one, long story, but i need a passenger axle shaft, inner and outer, with u joint already installed, alloy or stock, honestly i just need one asap. any ideas?

Rusted? You said "Emergency" you need a front shaft asap, yet you are complianing about it being rusty?

I can't remember anywhere where I've seen u-joints already installed in shaft. The shafts are made in one place, u-joints are sold in another; they are completley different products. They may be sold together in a kit, but they aren't installed for you. One main reason is that there are so many different u-joint choices, if you are buying alloy shafts, you don't want to be limited to one type of u-joint.

It takes about 10 minutes to put a u-joint in, you don't need any special tools. Its not that hard.

alloy won't be cheap.

id rather not run yukon, seems like a pretty crappy situation. its really isnt a big deal but in the next 2 days im touring some houses, signing a lease, have to get all my buddies together to sign as i have the only car, fix this XJ, and start a new job on tuesday, as well as do my financial aid info and tax crap from last year. Not to mention dealing with 24 hrs of community service and an alcohol class i have to start soon from my stupid DWI (wasnt even drunk either, .06, which is legal but im a hair under 21... FML) perhaps im just cranky?:fuse:

Anywho, i talked to a guy from east coast gear supply who is gonna hook me up with an alloy usa (from nitro or ten fac) with a u joint that he is going to install for me (my tools are not here) and ship it on down here. you guys should check him out on pirate, lifetime warranty on his shafts, 2 year on the u joints. theyre alloy usas but $550 for the pair.

Anywho, i talked to a guy from east coast gear supply who is gonna hook me up with an alloy usa (from nitro or ten fac) with a u joint that he is going to install for me (my tools are not here) and ship it on down here. you guys should check him out on pirate, lifetime warranty on his shafts, 2 year on the u joints. theyre alloy usas but $550 for the pair.

An emergency is not $550 and waiting for something to ship. Emergency is junkyard.

honestly i just need one asap. any ideas?

id rather not run yukon, seems like a pretty crappy situation. its really isnt a big deal but in the next 2 days im touring some houses
Well, do you need one asap, or in the next couple days?
Borrow someone else's car, or rent one, its not like you need your XJ for what you are going to be doing.

emr1101 said:
Not to mention dealing with 24 hrs of community service and an alcohol class i have to start soon from my stupid DWI (wasnt even drunk either, .06, which is legal but im a hair under 21... FML) perhaps im just cranky?:fuse:
If you are under 21, then NO its not legal.

Well, do you need one asap, or in the next couple days?
Borrow someone else's car, or rent one, its not like you need your XJ for what you are going to be doing.

If you are under 21, then NO its not legal.

Yeah exaclty, i went to the junkyard and attempted to pull shafts from different XJs using my friends car.

I mean no disrepsect, but relax on the drinking thing give me a break, we all drank when we were younger, i sense you are just giving me attitude to be sour but honestly a 20 or so year old is plenty responsible, i blew a .06 which is legal to drive if i were a tad older, and i was pulled for expired reg. not any sort of driving behavior. But i mean really im not 16 with a brand new lisence out doing doughnuts with beer in hand.

Anywho, back to tech! I called ECGS, theyre hooking me up with inner and outer passenger side Alloy USA axle shafts with u joints pressed in and an axle nut, to boot. So I guess I'll be ghetto whippin it with an alloy usa shaft, fresh u joint, and brand new unit bearing on the right side, and a non alloy, old 260 joint, and worn out unit bearing on the left side :guitar:

Yeah exaclty, i went to the junkyard and attempted to pull shafts from different XJs using my friends car.

I mean no disrepsect, but relax on the drinking thing give me a break, we all drank when we were younger, i sense you are just giving me attitude to be sour but honestly a 20 or so year old is plenty responsible, i blew a .06 which is legal to drive if i were a tad older, and i was pulled for expired reg. not any sort of driving behavior. But i mean really im not 16 with a brand new lisence out doing doughnuts with beer in hand.

Anywho, back to tech! I called ECGS, theyre hooking me up with inner and outer passenger side Alloy USA axle shafts with u joints pressed in and an axle nut, to boot. So I guess I'll be ghetto whippin it with an alloy usa shaft, fresh u joint, and brand new unit bearing on the right side, and a non alloy, old 260 joint, and worn out unit bearing on the left side :guitar:

no responsible 20 year old says "ghetto whippin", nor does any one with half a brain drives a car after a few drinks with expired tags.

nominated

epic_fail.jpg

Yeah, you really need to make sure your rig is straight before drinking and driving. I always check my lights and stuff before a good bender. Even if you only have one beer and have it on your breath you need to be careful because they are going to put you through hell until they realize you aint drunk.

Yeah, you really need to make sure your rig is straight before drinking and driving. I always check my lights and stuff before a good bender. Even if you only have one beer and have it on your breath you need to be careful because they are going to put you through hell until they realize you aint drunk.
Or just don't drink and drive...either way though, I guess...

Back