• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering membership

XJeremy23

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I happen to notice the March Membership Drive and I am considering joining. I have been a user of this forum on and off for a couple of years with a few posts but mostly searching and learning from the vast library of knowledge and opinions on the site. I will give a briefing of myself and my Cherokees and hopefully somebody from this Northwest Chapter will try to sell me on becoming a member.

I live in Northern Idaho (North of Coeur d'Alene) and enjoy doing almost anything that involves the outdoors. I do mild to moderate four wheeling with somewhat limited experience in my first Cherokee I have owned for almost ten years. Recently acquired second Cherokee due to problems with the first.

First XJ:
1989 Blue 2 door Laredo (approx. 190,000 miles)
4.0L/AX15/NP231
Borla Header, Dynomax Muffler, 2.5" pipes
Dana 30, open, cable disconnect, 4:56 gears
Dana 44, Detroit Tru-Trac, 4:56 gears
4.5" RE lift
33 X 9.50 mud terrains
Smittybuilt tube rear bumper
Rusty's steering box brace
Rusty's tie rod
Etc...
Recovery points pending...

Second XJ:
1990 White 2 door Base model (approx. 92,000 miles)
4.0L/AW4/NP231
stock everything!

Dont do it! it terns your name red! black is much better!

And i hear the money you send, goes to Mexican drug cartels and chinese food for the rich..

instead, spend your money on a wise investment, Like Altezza taillights, Or a chrome exhaust tip...

or.. stickers!

j/k

:rolleyes:

I posted this in the members forum earlier -

For me the membership money does a few things - it buys me into a club that runs a very successful land use program, it gives me a feeling of ownership in that program, and it gives me a sense of giving back to the club that a very large majority of my close friends and I met through.

I got my first engineering job from a member on here. I got my first apartment with a guy on here. I'm going to be in that guy's wedding later this year. I drank beer with a guy yesterday, that I've only know for 6 weeks, on here. I perma-borrowed a tube bender from a guy on here for almost 2.5 years! I got my 3rd apartment with a different guy on here.
I got picked up at Chicago airport and drove to Jadwin, MO for a winterfest with a guy off here. When my dad, sister and I were heading to the midwest, 7 members of the MWC came out and met us for dinner one night.
I've been to baseball games, been to meet and greets, been wheeling all over the country with members and people who identify with this club / forum / group of people - whatever you call it...

That is why I'm a NAJXA member... :thumbup:

Dont do it! it terns your name red! black is much better!

And i hear the money you send, goes to Mexican drug cartels and chinese food for the rich..

instead, spend your money on a wise investment, Like Altezza taillights, Or a chrome exhaust tip...

or.. stickers!

j/k
:wstupid:

Thanks XJ_ranger,
Yeah from reading the posts on here it seems like a bunch of cool guys that I could share common interests with. And seeing how helpful people are online I can imagine that some people would be that generous in person as well. My only concern is that I have only seen a few people that post on here from the CDA, ID/Spokane, WA area and I don't remember if they were members or guests. I would assume most of the trail runs and get togethers happen in Western Washington and I don't know how many times a year I could travel that way. Otherwise it would be nice to be part of a community of people that all have common interests and contribute to keeping our sport alive.

I've met a ton of great folks on here the last couple of years. It's well worth the fee. Add in the great technical know-how in addition to the quality of people, money well spent.

i joined because before i found this place i thought i was the only person in the world that thought the XJ was a great wheelin machine. this club gave me the oppertunity to get back to what i think is the best thing anyone can do to have fun in a large group (unless your into that sort of thing lol.) the resorces we have as a club of this nature is outstanding, from land management like XJ_ranger was talking about, all the way to discounts at several off road shops.

besides you get stickers dude, stickers!

I plan on joining myself to meet new people and to be able to go on some runs. Most importantly I want to learn from the technical experts out there. I'm new here in Wash State and I hope to have a productive year on the trails.

I don't think I can top what XJ_ranger said. For me it's about the friendships made, the money saved by excellent tech advise, and helping to preserve the ability to hit the trails.

spend your money on a wise investment, Like Altezza taillights, Or a chrome exhaust tip...

or.. stickers!

Hey, you get 2 stickers with membership...:sunshine:

Stickers man, its all about the stickers !

oh, and if you are working on your own rig or planning any mods, you will save the amount you paid for membership in the first cpl projects you pick, just from the tech forums etc....

I joined, The 70 bucks I have paid in the last two years was very well spent. I have saved more with fixes and troubleshooting posts in this forum then I could count..

And there is a great group of people.

Any good trails in Idaho? Maybe we will all make a road trip :)

I joined, The 70 bucks I have paid in the last two years was very well spent. I have saved more with fixes and troubleshooting posts in this forum then I could count..
i didnt know about this forum when i got my rig, GlueNtape just happened to be in the area i was "wheelin in" and gave me a heads up about naxja, i was a super noob, replaced my rear axle with a dana35, even tho i was offered a 8.25 right next to the D35 in some guys yard.. for the same price.. just days before i signed up, before this forum, i spent days, if not weeks, figuring out what my rigs problems were, now, 90% of the time, i can find the problem within minutes..

This place has been great. soon enough i'll be red...:eye:

One of the coolest things I have found being a member, I was up at Naches with a couple of cooworkers in yota's last september and aNAXJA members passed by and saw the sticker and stopped to introduce himself and talk about our jeeps. Like everone says this is a great group of wheelers and I look forward to actually making it to some runs this year.

Back