• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd front end behavior after wheeling...

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
After wheeling the other day, i got my XJ quite dirty, not really intentionally though. Driving the next day the brakes were acting odd, they were pushing back at me when i pressed them, like they were pumping? It wasnt a vibration associated with the tires turning though, as it happend pretty slowly, it seemed to be mildly speed related, but def not per rotation, much slower. Anywho, I sprayed it off really good and cleaned it up and it pretty much stopped. That was like a day or two ago, today when i was driving if i was thinking about it i could kind of maybbeeee notice it, but not positivley, most likely it was wishful thinking (well, the opposite of). Yet today driving i noticed my tires sounded really loud, i noticed it the other day with my doors off and figured "oh its because my doors are off of course", but it still does it today. Ive got between 500-1000 miles on these meats, maybe its cuz they just got finished being broken in? Im not sure if the brake thing and tire noise are related, just curious if anyone had any ideas :)

For some reason I feel like I had this same problem, but at the same time I have NO clue what I had to do to fix it. lol.

Do you have any idea if its coming from the front or rear? I feel like I would have had this problem in summer 07, and I know later in that summer I had to replace ball joints/wheel hubs and rear brakes. I would say to check your brakes, maybe the rears, and also jack up the front end and check the tires for play, see if your wheel joints or ball joints might be shot.

But for some reason the rear drums keep coming to mind.... but I cant for the life figure out why since I really dont know that this was it.. I will keep thinking on it, but I definately think I had a similar problem after bringing it back from wheeling one day.

get it on something loose, go slow speed,apply brakes il bet one of your rears locks up.replacing the adjuster and pads solved it for me. Mud sucks.

Last edited:
Back