• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE Leak

98XJLimitedNateWV

NAXJA Forum User
I just put in an AA SYE on my 231 and it is leaking on the tailcone from the unused plug for the vacuum disconnect axles...I have tightened it down good using the supplied poly washer. I have tried RTV on the threads. I've tried a rubber washer. I cannot for the life of me get it to stop leaking. Anyone else had that problem and if so how did you fix it?

Mine leaks too.. same place. I have tried everything, and got it down to a little seapage (sp?). I just check the level every time its on the lift...

~James

did you put the 4wd switch back?

Mine came with a bolt to plug it so i added an extra washer in addition to the poly washer and tigthened it up and it stopped leaking. But it did leak when i had the 4wd switch there i have since gotten rid of the whole vacuum system

Yeah the bolt plug is where is leaks. I have thought about having it welded over, but that probably wouldn't be cheap and would involve a fair amount of work and downtime on my DD.

Are you talking about the dash light? If so that is on the top of the case and I don't have any problem there.

Back