• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera flex shackles Vs. RE aal

plymatt65

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 sagin wagon, and I would like just a little more altitude. I curently run 235/75s on stock alloy rims. I use this jeep as a dd and hual my carperter hand tools, so usually an extra 150 pounds or so in the back. I also like to explore the woods in the N. west, logging and fire roads mostly. So for a 2 in bb, I plan on using spacers in the front and need to decide between the Tera lift shackles, and the RE aal's.
Thanks..

Shackles. When you go bigger, they're reusable, and they won't make your Jeep ride too rough, you retain the stock ride.

IMO, I would go with the AAL's. lift shackles are going to cause your already saggin springs to flatten even more. You could even do both, get a small lift in the aal and the shackle and then get a couple coil spacers up front to level it out.

But if you're just looking to level things out in the rear, I'd go with the aal. I run a 3.5" aal on the rear of mine and it didn't make my ride any rougher at all.

A slightly stiffer ride is not a big deal to me, but I don't think for this jeep I want to go more then 2 in. I mainly want to make it look more like a jeep than a station wagon and to have slightly better ground clearance. I don't want to have to upgrade or modify anything else at this point, I.E. trackbar, pitman arm, sye, brake lines, etc. I don't plan on changing tire size either, as I can easily get used tires in this size.

I eventually plan on finding a mid 90's xj to build into a toy w/ 5 to 6 in lift, but I don't plan on modifying my 89 much more.

I know that the OME 2 in lifts rock, My wifes 01 came with OME shocks and springs,,,,AWESOME,,,, Too expensive for the 89.

Back