• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some type of fluid on windshield

latenights

NAXJA Forum User
So I must have been driving behind a car/truck that had been leaking something but not enough to really notice at first, until I drove into the sun and couldn't see crap. Almost having to pull an Ace Ventura to see. Theres hundreds of little grain on sand size spots all over my windshield that I've tried to get rid of by washing my XJ about 4 times since it happened and also trying all the glass cleaners but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

Wow thats weard. the first thing that comes to my mind is a new wind sheald. That like what happend to me in south dakoda wear all the little rocks on the road and hail put hundreds of pit holes in the window.

If there is some thing on it you could try to use some steel wool. Use lots of glass cleaner and make sure the windshield is covered and wet, use the glass cleaner as a lubricant. Get the finest steel wool you can find also, if it is not real fine you could do more damage. This will take any thing off that is on there. I have done this a few times. I worked in a dealership, the body shop was not so good and they got over spray on lots of cars when they painted. SOS pads will also work. Keep the windshield wet when you are doing it.

there is some stuff called goo gone that you could try, or any good bug and tar remover may work. they can both be picked up at your local auto parts store in the car care and cleaning section.

Back