• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new Winch Bumper

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I finally was able to get pictures of my new Winch Bumper for the xj.

The Warn winch I bought came with a winch plate for a TJ with a nice tubular brush guard, so I had to find a way to mount it on the xj. Using the tow hook brackets (which are actually flat tow brackets that I found at a jy) that I already had as a starting point, I fabbed up the rest. The brackets already tied into the frame and bumper mounts with 14 bolts total, so I just had to figure out how to use that as a base.

It sounds a lot easier than it was, but I basically just connected the two brackets with a 1.5" square tubing, 1/4" thick, and ran a vertical 1/4" plate (with 1/4" plate reinforcements on the back) up and then connected the winch plate onto the face of that with diagonal braces between the two.

I think it came out really well and is sturdy as all hell. Can't wait to test it out!

100_0379.jpg

100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0388.jpg

It ties in back into the frame. I didn't have to worry about the mounting because I used the tow hook brackets, which are actually flat tow brackets, and bolt back into the frame a good 12 - 16" as well as using the side mounts where the bumper attaches. In total, it mounts with 14 bolts and is all 1/4" thick steel with reinforcements. You can't see all the bolts because the skid plate covers them. It will hold! It's a sturdier mounting system than I see on a lot of aftermarket winch bumpers out there.

Back