• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protofab sliders... Anyone run these??

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking into some sliders, and i really like the mounting system of the protofabs.. anyone have any experience with these? also if you have pics of them on your rig that would be sweet

g

Yep, I am running the sliders and front bumper and I am very happy with both. The sliders have taken a lot of abuse and the bumper has a great approach angle.

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

Do you have any pics of the mounting plates squirrel? Does the d-ring tab go all the way through the bumper or is it surface mounted?

Looks real slick!

They look pretty decent! good mounting as well!

hate to threadjack, but....
this question is for squirrel: how's that exhaust working out, dumped in front of the axle like that? i bent the crap out of my tailpipe, and am considering just lopping it off right after the muffler. any interior fumes?

now back to the subject....

Do you have any pics of the mounting plates squirrel? Does the d-ring tab go all the way through the bumper or is it surface mounted?

Looks real slick!

Nope those are the best pics I have of the mounting. The D-rings I added and are welded to the face of the bumper, but are directly in line with the mounting plates.

hate to threadjack, but....
this question is for squirrel: how's that exhaust working out, dumped in front of the axle like that? i bent the crap out of my tailpipe, and am considering just lopping it off right after the muffler. any interior fumes?

now back to the subject....

I do get a little bit of fumes every now and then but not as bad as I thought it would be. My plans were to run it all the way out the back eventually but it is down on the list. Obviously it is not that bad because I do not have plans to change it anytime soon.

I do get a little bit of fumes every now and then but not as bad as I thought it would be. My plans were to run it all the way out the back eventually but it is down on the list. Obviously it is not that bad because I do not have plans to change it anytime soon.

thanks, that's what i was hoping. it's going to be in the way of the new(eventual) shock mounting too, so off it will go.

well if 80's got em they must be good, he ummmmmm, uses his heep:D

Thats what i want to hear. i also have their front bumper, and i love it. the quality is outstanding... i've taken 1 deer with it too... but obviously from this pic i am missing some essential armor....
DSC_0029.jpg

Yep, I am running the sliders and front bumper and I am very happy with both. The sliders have taken a lot of abuse and the bumper has a great approach angle.

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

From that first pic, it looks like they bolt thru the floor, then to the pinch seam? Is that right?
Any pros or cons to welding the sliders on? Other than if you were going to sell, and the new buyer didn't want em? Is there any problems with welding them on?
I am up in Canada, and I am sure the cost of shipping would kill me, but there is a shop up here making some pretty kick a$$, just wondering if it would be better to completely bolt on rather than weld on?

From that first pic, it looks like they bolt thru the floor, then to the pinch seam?

They bolt to the unibody frame rail and the pinch seam. The plates on the floor are for my cage. I will probably tie the plates and the sliders together one day with ube and weld, but I tend to overkill things. They bolts work fine and are very sturdy.

They bolt to the unibody frame rail and the pinch seam. The plates on the floor are for my cage. I will probably tie the plates and the sliders together one day with ube and weld, but I tend to overkill things. They bolts work fine and are very sturdy.

Ok, I understand a little more. Just the angle, I guess those are the bolts and nuts on the pinch seam that I am looking at. Just looks almost like they are vertical and going into the floor. But I have had a half sack of beer toady!!LOL I see your cage base plates. Thanks for the response. It seems that alot of the guys in the wheelin' crowd up here don't mind welding them on, and they are really solid. I guess the biggest concern resale, and having to cut them off. But, when you think of it, wouldn't you most likely sell to someone wanting to wheel it?:yap:

Ok, I understand a little more. Just the angle, I guess those are the bolts and nuts on the pinch seam that I am looking at. Just looks almost like they are vertical and going into the floor. But I have had a half sack of beer toady!!LOL I see your cage base plates. Thanks for the response. It seems that alot of the guys in the wheelin' crowd up here don't mind welding them on, and they are really solid. I guess the biggest concern resale, and having to cut them off. But, when you think of it, wouldn't you most likely sell to someone wanting to wheel it?:yap:

Check out the photos here
http://protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=00&ID2=9
a picture is worth a thousand words.

Protofab makes top quality stuff!! It's all well thought out, and tough as hell.

Back