• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple more questions re: engine swap

ChipsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I installed an intake/exhaust gasket on my old motor and ran it literally less than 30 minutes. It has been on there for 3 weeks just sitting.

I am pulling the intake/header and putting on donor engine....can I reuse the gasket or get a new one?

I loosened 1 head bolt at each end of the head to pull the donor motor.....do I have to replace the head gasket or do you think it will be alright if I torque them back to specs?

thanks

ChipsXJ said:
I installed an intake/exhaust gasket on my old motor and ran it literally less than 30 minutes. It has been on there for 3 weeks just sitting.

I am pulling the intake/header and putting on donor engine....can I reuse the gasket or get a new one?

Sure, but what kind is it? I had a paper one and a nicer one when rebuilding mine. The paper one is ok, BUT i had gotten a much nicer one that had a metel plate imbedded in a nicer material, gasket that i used for the final instal.

I loosened 1 head bolt at each end of the head to pull the donor motor.....do I have to replace the head gasket or do you think it will be alright if I torque them back to specs?

Nope, just tighten them down to spec and be on your way.

thanks

Back