• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Harness - another option - $69 - 12G wire

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
As mentioned above, found the following harness available from a website. I think it comes out to $74 shipped, but looks like a nice piece. Made from 12G wire, and custom fit for H4 9003 type connectors as well as others. I was thinking about buying one and thought I would pass on the info. I am in no way affiliated with the seller, just adding to the information pool!

http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=8

headlightharness.jpg

What are the specs on the wiring for the BigOffroad harness? They need to beef up their description, it's a little vague.
Good info though!

From what I have heard and read about the eautoparts harness, I understand that the wiring is 14 or 16g...is this true? I also understand that any upgraded harness would be of benefit to the XJ, but I also figure bigger gauge (to a point) is better.
I would by all means prefer to support the community, but just wanted to add to the list of "what's out there".

I believe the EA harness has slightly different relays than the BOR harness- however, you can buy a harness that's exactly the same on ebay for $35 shipped.

The harness I bought does indeed have 14AWG wire (with 16 for the signal from the stock headlight plug), which while not ideal (I'd prefer 12AWG), works fine so far- much improved lighting for $80 including the harness, lamps, housings, and a couple of fuse holders.

just remember u get what u pay for, i built mine out of 14 and 12 gauge so i wouldnt have to worry about it, the one bigoffroad has was built for the xj, not a universal fit all, as mentioned above they r a sponsor of naxja, it might cost a little more but i guarantee everyone has saved money in the long run from using the info contained in this forum, i know i have just my .02 worth

I just made my own..

Back