• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP

KRAWLR

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a cb in my XJ today and had a problem at the end of the project. I mounted the radio where the keyless entry thing is in the headliner in between the visors. To do so I unplugged and removed the sensor all together. When I was done with the radio install and tried to start the Jeep it wouldn't start. It did nothing at all when I cycled the key. I have dome lights when I open a door and the power locks/windows work. I don't have any instrument lights and no start. The instrument lights will come on when I turn the headlights on though. I'm thinking that when I unplugged the sensor it messed something up? I don't have key fobs for this Jeep. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Kind of an odd thing, but I also just installed a CB in that exact spot yesterday using the exact same wires. You evidently blew a fuse or something, because mine works just fine. I used the wires from the harness to power the CB (pink = full time positive, white = switched positive IIRC)

It should not do what you say, unless you shorted something, perhaps while cutting wires? If you cut a bunch of them at the same time, you could have easily blown the circuit. Did you use the sensor wires at all or is the connector simply unplugged and unused?

Either way, it should not do what you say its doing.

~James

Back