• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock roof rack swapability?

KaiserMan

NAXJA Forum User
The rack on my 90 has seen better days. This is the style with the bars that are held in pace by a silver dollar sized knob. Wondering if the newer style with the bars that are held in place with the push button latch would be a direct replacement? Or would I have to drill holes in the roof? I have access to a nice one from a (iirc) 93.

Thanks.

i swapped that rack onto my 1991. the new style racks suck. I much prefer the old style. You can take the crossbars off and build your own, using the existing sliders since they are 14/20 or so.

to answer the question, no they do not line up. Well, all but one on each side do. I chose to live with it since I am too lazy to go out and drill the required holes in the rack. I am just careful as to where I lash stuff down to make sure I am near an anchored point.

Back