• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinker problem

jeepxj2007

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 00 xj that is having an odd electrical problem. When you turn the blinkers on..in either direction, they will blink a few times, and then stop blinking. but the turn signal lever will still be engaged....so where do I even begin to look? I haven't been able to figure out anything that makes it better or worse.....i didn't look at the fuse yet...i prb should...but i figured it wouldn't blink at all if that was blown...and this will do it different amounts usually b4 shutting off.

are you still running the oem blinker fluid.? that's likely your problem. my blinker troubles were much improved after switching to the synthetic. plus, with the synthetic, it doesn't need to be changed as often. i used to follow the factory recommended fluid change interval of 150,000 blinks, but now i go at least ten times that. http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6

BlinkFluid.jpg

thats right next to the flux capacitor right? lol im not new to jeeps....actually i have had three....but my mothers cherokee always seems to have electrical gremlins...and i really don't feel like dinkin out in the cold to fix it because our garage just burned to the ground last sunday....with my yj in it...about 2 hours after putting the motor and trans back in it :mad:....... it sucks....but yeah I got a new flasher so I will try that...it just seemed odd what it does becasue in our f150 when it goes out it wont blink at all....but I will keep you posted

My '99 had a similar problem, I had to replace the stalk assembly.

Good Luck-
Chris

I have an 00 xj that is having an odd electrical problem. When you turn the blinkers on..in either direction, they will blink a few times, and then stop blinking. but the turn signal lever will still be engaged....so where do I even begin to look? I haven't been able to figure out anything that makes it better or worse.....i didn't look at the fuse yet...i prb should...but i figured it wouldn't blink at all if that was blown...and this will do it different amounts usually b4 shutting off.

Back