• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE?

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
:flame: I know this is a topic that comes up alot. I searched and found alot of stuff but no part numbers. :flame: I'm getting ready to install a 4.5 RE lift on me XJ ('99 4.0 Auto). I was wondering if this is the right SYE to run offered by PORC. I also plan on running a front DS. I know its not the best but I dont do any heavy wheeling just some light camping stuff.

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=153

Thanks Mat

That is the right one, IF you have the 231 tcase.

While I have never dealt with PORC personally, I haven't heard good things. This is where I got mine, they are local to me so I was able to just pick it up.
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/cata...71505?osCsid=e2f0ead7108e74db590e4323b7a73676

How long have you ran that kit? Any problems, where was it made?

I haven't heard anything bad about PORC, besides its made overseas. Then again I've really never heard anything at all about them.

I was surprised to read all that. When I ordered mine 3 years ago, it came very quickly and had no problems with the install.

I am running the PORC SYE and have wheeled the bag off of my rig for the past few years with no problems at all. I had no problems with the ordering, shipping or quality.

I've only heard about recent shipping and customer service problems. I don't know if I would buy from them now.

Last edited:
Those of you running PORC, how long has it been sence you've delt with them?

OK, no PORC for me. The seach is on.

I ran a SYE in my YJ that i got from PORC, did not have any problems and customer service was great at that time. Dont remember how long ago that was though. Im sure things change but until i experience it first hand they are still good in my book.

How long have you ran that kit? Any problems, where was it made?

I was under the impression all SYE kits in this price range were made by Omix Ada, I could be way wrong on that, but that is where mine came from.
I think I've had it for about a year to year and half. The only issue I've had is a leaky case, which is my fault. I also think the output seal leaks, but I could have prevented that as well. I read somewhere about soaking the seal in fluid over night prior to installing and it would keep it from leaking.

I have had mine for about 6 months had no problem with delivery even up here in Canada I actually had plans to buy more stuff from him. Then the posts on pirate started to sprout up sooooooooooo I decided against it

I bought one from them 2 years ago, got it promptly, no issues. They were pretty new to the game then.

I've followed the recent Pirate stuff, and its concerning. Seems to me that PORC grew too fast, made too many promises and ultimately couldn't keep up with the bills.

I wouldn't order from them today.

Got mine over a year ago. No problems with the order as far as the SYE, but they did leave out some other stuff. I got it all squared away with no issues though. Good experience overall.

The SYE had a small porous spot in the casting and a very slight seep. I used a tiny dab of JB weld to fix that. The output seal leaked and I had to replace that with a seal I got at Napa, sorry but I don't remember the part number. ( CR 18 something...)

If I were doing it again I might spend the extra cash on an AA kit, although mine has been trouble free since I put the new seal in there.

Doug

Back