• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C crapping all the 134 out

Micah

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I'm new to the site as I just bought a 2000 classic. Anyways I have a problem with my a/c. I filled it to the desired pressure as it was out when I got it. after about 10 minutes of running the a/c it starts to puke all the fluid out of the back of the compressors check valve and the pressure on the gauge is really high. I have called around and done some searching on here and it seems the fixed orifice tube may be clogged causing this to happen. The problem I am having is locating the part at the parts store here in town. They all want to sell me the entire hose assembly. Can I buy just the tube or do I need to buy the whole shabang?

Also where is the tube located in the line?

:lickout: screw the oriface, make it into an aircompressor.:roll: :callme: :moon: party1:

That would be great but this is the wifes Jeep. I drive a Grand wagoneer with 10 inches of lift and 35" boggers.

Well I talked to my wifes uncle ( he is an A/C guy) and he says the filter is clogged. I just replaced the compressor and though I had it till it spit the fluid out again. I have gone through about 12 cans of 134a now in the past week. I did find the orifice tube today at advanced and got it for 2.99. I will try that after I get outa the woods tomorrow (hunting season is open here).

Back