• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more noise

lonecountryboy

NAXJA Forum User
Well I put the Bosch fuel pump in last night and now it is as quiet as a mouse. What a relief if anybody else has this problem I would highly recommend putting in a bosch.

My jeep is an 88 limited. The pump part # is at home but somebody else posted it on another thread and thats what I used when I went to NAPA. I had started a thread on renix fuel pumps on monday I think and one of the posters had suggested the bosch pump so I went with it and it worked really well.

Question: Did you make sure the rubber stopper was there and correctly set in the tank bracket as Old Man pointed out in the other thread?

wim yes that is the right one. Joe yes the rubber was there and it was set properly but for some reason that pump was extremely loud, but now with bosch it is as quiet as a mouse.

Thank you for the answer, that pump is the one to use then, I will put that part number in my xj notes.

You are welcome to ask me anything, anytime, but if I don't write things down they are gone....

What were we just talking about??

Back