• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16 spline dana 60

jefftrucker12

NAXJA Forum User
i found a dana 60 for 100$ and bought it. the guy said it was from a old ford 250. i took out the shafts and counted the splines. i counted 16. is this a good or bad axle and how much does it cost to upgradd. the numbers are 603195-5 and it has 3.73s

Put a 35 spline full case locker in it and have a set of 35 spline alloy shafts made.

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
Put a 35 spline full case locker in it and have a set of 35 spline alloy shafts made.

AARON
Thats not all there is to it.

The spindles wont accept that large of a shaft. You'll need to take them to a machine shop and have them bored out to fit the 1.5" 35 Spline shafts.

ive never heard of a 16 spline 60. the 23 spline shafts are 1.5" and you can just drop in the 35 spline cromos

this is all assuming were talking about a FF rear

I have the 23 spline job in my jeep, full float, the shaft is 1.5 inches just as teal said. IMO i dont see myself breaking it, but its nice to know that a 35 spline will drop right in.. i guess i should consider myself one of the lucky few that has this axle.

Back