• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Front End Guard Review..#610-114

Sean5294

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I just "Installed" an Olympic Front End Guard for my 01 Xj.
Here is the link http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=9310

According to the site it was supposed to bolt to the oem bumper mounts four bolts total. Sounds easy right, well it was anything but. Nothing even came close to lining up. In fact the brackets were to small for the bumper. I even checked the part numbers a second time to make sure I had the correct part. So at this point it was time to get creative. I had to shorten the mounting area by trimming the bumper. Well four hours later it is finnally on. Here are some pics:
IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

As you can see I trimmed too much on the bottom of the bumper (Guess Ill have to break out the Mig Welder tomorrow and fix it.) After I get everything welded and cleaned im going to cover the bumper with Herculiner.
As far as the Guard goes, it is a really nice product, but the fitment really sucks. I bought it because i had one on my wrangler and i wanted something to mount lights on my XJ along with a bit of an aggressive look. I live in Cincinnati so i really do not get to do much wheeling. I may break down on buy an Olympic Rock Bumper in the spring to go with the guard.

If the guard's fitment sucks, why on earth would you throw the dice buying their bumper? Go with JCR or AJ's or some other top-shelf sort and adapt the guard to fit on their's if you want to keep it.

I live in Cincinnati so i really do not get to do much wheeling...

Well, that doesn't make much sense...

I mean, there's nothing right in town, but Haspin's right over the state line. And Hillz is less that two hours away...

You should run with us sometime...

As for the guard, I'm with Yoss. If it fits that bad, I don't think I'd gamble on their bumper...

Robert

Well, that doesn't make much sense...

I mean, there's nothing right in town, but Haspin's right over the state line. And Hillz is less that two hours away...

You should run with us sometime...

As for the guard, I'm with Yoss. If it fits that bad, I don't think I'd gamble on their bumper...

Robert

Lol would you believe i have never been to Haspin. We typically go out to a buddies land in West Union. He has 157acres out there. It really comes down to having time to do it. My 2 year old keeps me pretty busy. As far as the bumper goes, that's pretty far down the line. After I get my oem bumper welded up it will work out fine for a while. The next thing i plan on is getting a decent set of wheels and tires. The only other mod i have at the moment is a Rubicon Express BB.

Back