• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap door sill with 10X the grip =)

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok so they start out like this cheap flimsy piece of plastic screwed in with 4 screws that were rusted in there or at least mine was
IMG_0426.jpg

this is what it looks like after removing the sill plate only not as clean
IMG_0427.jpg

after cleaning the sill plate i bought some skateboard grip tape and cut it into 4" sections the length of the original sill plate which was 27.5 inches
you will get a few wrinkles because of how theres small indentions where the sill plate set
this is what it will basically look like as a finished product
IMG_0431.jpg

i didnt take pictures of the rear before and middle but heres the after shot
IMG_0425.jpg

i bought a 9x 60" piece so i had enough to do the bumper on my hatch too which helps when your trying to climb on the bumper to throw stuff on the roof
door open
IMG_0429.jpg

door closed
IMG_0430.jpg

i havent tested it for the weather yet but we will see in weeks to come how it holds up... besides if it doesnt work or hold up im out... 14 bucks lol

It will definitely get caked with mud and dirt, I hate when my skateboard grip gets dirty. I dont know how it will clean up though, might work pretty well. Good idea!

I prefer the clear grip tape... you can put some "cool" stickers down first and then the clear grip tape down to see them.

At least, that's what I used to do when I was a skater back in 88-89 :)

I like the idea of putting it on the rear bumper. I will keep that in mind.

ok so they start out like this cheap flimsy piece of plastic screwed in with 4 screws that were rusted in there or at least mine was
IMG_0426.jpg

this is what it looks like after removing the sill plate only not as clean
IMG_0427.jpg

after cleaning the sill plate i bought some skateboard grip tape and cut it into 4" sections the length of the original sill plate which was 27.5 inches
you will get a few wrinkles because of how theres small indentions where the sill plate set
this is what it will basically look like as a finished product
IMG_0431.jpg

i didnt take pictures of the rear before and middle but heres the after shot
IMG_0428.jpg

i bought a 9x 60" piece so i had enough to do the bumper on my hatch too which helps when your trying to climb on the bumper to throw stuff on the roof
door open
IMG_0429.jpg

door closed
IMG_0430.jpg

i havent tested it for the weather yet but we will see in weeks to come how it holds up... besides if it doesnt work or hold up im out... 14 bucks lol

ok i moved the pictures and here they are again, so far they have held up awesome, and for the cost of grip tape... i really cant go wrong, they have amazing grip

Back