• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Husky Floor Liner Freak Out!

joe_peters

NAXJA Forum User
I have used Husky floor liners for a long time, many different vehicles.

Recently put a new pair in my 90XJ/5spd. Stopped at Wal-Mart and when getting out I noticed the liner had slid about two or three inches forward, so I pulled it back against the seat pedestal and thought nothing more of it.

Until I tried driving home.

Seems that when the liner is pulled all the way back to the seat pedestal my clutch pedal, when fully depressed, will hang up on the liner's forward edge and not return--freaked me out, I thought I blew the clutch! LOL!

A little judicious cutting and all is fine.

Common problem with all vehicles with floor mats.

You are 100% right--floor mats slipping forward and catching a pedal (generally the accelerator) is very common and has happened to me before.

What I thought was interesting is that the Husky Liner only became a problem when I pulled it back to where it was supposed to be.:roflmao:

Is there a better floor liner out there? I need new ones in my '91 (manual) and dont want any issues. if its made for the jeep then why do I have to cut it? And why is it slipping around?

I've had husky liners in alot of vehicles and loved them. I did get the carpet floor mat stuck on top of the gas pedal once and had to turn the vehicle off and pull over to get it back right.

I know what you mean, though when pulling back I usually cut my hand on the seat brackets when it finally frees.

Haha, another thing i hate is when they are filled with water they are impossible to pull out without spilling water everywhere.

I love my Husky floor liners, and have never had a problem with them in any other vehicle.

I think when I cram my 6'4" bulk and size 13EEEE boats into the XJ I tend to overpower the liner's grippers on the carpet. Anyway, I trimmed a 2"x3" section from the front lip where the clutch pedal would contact and have had no further problems.

I did send an email to Husky just to let them know. They got back right away and were going to check on the problem as soon as they could borrow a manual trans xj. They said they have not had any similar reports--that makes it all my fault!

Back