• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys tranny skid

I think usually people don't put skids in that location, but if you are low enough, I guess you might hit something there.

i wouldnt mind one on my jeep. i go though exhaust pipes like crazy right there and have gone through 2 oil pans. that would have deff helped.

course that was back when my jeep was low and slow. it is now lifted and i "rarely" have a rock in that area.

There a guy on here that goes by Jeepin John. I just bought his and haven't even installed it yet! If you woundering its tough as hell! At least from the looks and feel of it, like i said havent installed yet. I would search for him and shoot him a PM and tell him Dr Randy sent you!! Tell him i said hey. O ya he sold it b/c he's building a TJ (I think it's a TJ). Great guy, he'll be happy to help!

Good luck

I have one and I love it. The AW4 pan is very vulnerable. My Rusty's oil-trans skid is one of the very best things I have ever bought for my rig. I slide on it, drop on it and it has held up great and definately saved me from destroying the oil pan and trans pan numerous times.

I ordered mine, it showed up on time, all the parts were in the box, and other than having to drill the holes in the trans cross member (part of the install) it bolted right up. I had good customer service which is apparently a rarity.

I would strongly recommend buying one.

I am not a big Rustys fan. I posted twice, very negatively on the recent track bar thread. I have seen several of their track bars fail and I had a Rustys control arm come apart on me because of incredibly shoddy welding (almost no penetration worth mentioning). If the control arm had failed on the highway it would have been disastrous.

Rustys springs are good, the oil-trans skid is good but AFAIK thats about it.

John

i have one on my junk.
holds up well, but the mounting on mine looks different. mine is a big U shape that it mounts to. the skid itself is very beefy.

martin

I think usually people don't put skids in that location, but if you are low enough, I guess you might hit something there.

Why does it seem like most people think a skid in this area is not needed?
Thanks for the replies,all...
This looks essentially like a skid row tranny skid but costs about $120 less...

Back