• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no wipers....no idea

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 and ive read all the posts abot the delay module and the switch, but heres the catch...my wiper module is missing. ta-dah poof
i just bought this cherokee this week and its snowing and i cant clean my windows. people said that youl still have low and high if the modules by-passed but at most the arms will move a few inches or twice they made 1 pass. the 2 wire terminals have been connected together. im gonna pick up a new module tomarrow but like i said i have nothin. any ideas on why i dont have low and high would be appreciated. i also checked relays,fuses,wires,

This is the 90 XJ wiper switch test in the 1990 Electrical SM:

For intermittent wiper system, Connector B unplugged from intermittent wiper module, test across terminals A and D while rotating switch from minimum to maximum delay--OK if 0 to 500K ohms--if not replace switch.

Across terminals A and G while rotating switch from minimum delay to maximum delay--OK if 0 to 500K ohm, if OK replace wiper module--if not replace switch.

:eyes:

well i used my meter and the switch is fine, i checked grounds, and i went today and got the delay module and it kinda works. the delay seems to take a long time between wipes and the wipers dont "park"

Back